[uf-new] hListing vs hJob

Ben Ward lists at ben-ward.co.uk
Thu Mar 20 14:56:37 PST 2008

On 20 Mar 2008, at 11:46, Silviu Savin wrote:
> I guess since these websites like http://www.edgeio.com and
> http://jobs.emurse.com already supports hListing, even if this format
> is not fully yet approved and only as a draft, a new format only for
> describing job posting might not be necessary, even if that would be
> great.
>
> Is it just me or this process from proposal to have a fully
> microformat it takes a while?
> The draft for hListing is from 2006. I might also be wrong.

The current draft of hListing is dated 2006, but the core schema has
been implemented successfully on multiple occasions (Kelkoo recently
published 26.5 million product listings with hListing mark-up at the
core).

Having spent the time working with the schema, I'm intending to take
over as editor of the hlisting spec shortly, and hopefully help
structure the work again.

In the meantime, please please please start adding any known issues
to http://microformats.org/wiki/hlisting-issues and if you have new
examples of listings, add them to the examples section of the
hlisting proposal page (that will get restructured properly in the
new few weeks.)

Regards,

Ben