[uf-new] resource access methods

Andrew Harrison a.b.harrison at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Fri May 16 01:44:59 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm pretty new to microformats so please forgive any dumb questions or
assumptions.

I have been looking for a while for some way of describing how you
might access a resource other than the typically implied GET. It seems
to me a pretty general requirement but one which is not well supported.

In particular I want to model a process, or graph, that might involve
a number of steps including posting, putting, getting and deleting
resources. But I don't want to get bogged down in WADLesque
description documents, not least because the graph should be able to
change as you move through it.

I can imagine it could be achieved through something as simple as a
link relation:

<atag rel="post" href="http://bla.org"/>

(my understanding is that href attributes only imply an HTTP GET, as
opposed to specifying it.)

Or through something more complex, i.e. an hxxx.

So I'm wondering if there has been any work or thoughts on this. Is
there some obvious trap I have missed? Would microformats be a
suitable way forward?

cheers,

Andrew