[uf-new] Re: Comment Questions

Toby A Inkster mail at tobyinkster.co.uk
Wed Nov 12 08:50:34 PST 2008

Martin McEvoy wrote:

> I have proposed a schema for a "comment" which re-uses Atom/hAtom
> terms
> there is also some example markup for all to view

I don't see why you feel the need to create a new schema "which re-
uses hAtom terms". What's wrong with simply using hAtom as it is
(possibly with the addition of Sarven's "in-reply-to" proposal)?
There is no need to re-invent the wheel each time for feeds of
comments, feeds of opinions, feeds of jokes, feeds of poems, feeds of
witty Groucho Marx quotations, etc. Start within hAtom as a base and
refine it for your needs, adding additional terms only if strictly
needed, but not removing anything. That way, the majority of your
format will be parsable with standard hAtom tools without everyone
needing to write new hGrouchoMarxQuote parsers.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail at tobyinkster.co.uk>