[uf-new] Re: Comment Questions

David Janes davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Thu Nov 13 12:10:20 PST 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Martin McEvoy <martin at weborganics.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello David...
>
> David Janes wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Martin McEvoy
>> <martin at weborganics.co.uk> wrote:

>>> sorry I meant...

>> I think those would be equivalent (?). However, another way to do it would
>> be to add "comments" to a wrapping hfeed

> Im Sorry David I totally disagree with the above approach because It
> detaches the comments from the original content, The Content and the Comment
> should be presented inside the same feed element.
>>
>> This is interestingly documented right here:
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/90594399@N00/2271787498/
>>

> Great stuff David, I dont like the in-reply-to extension because for it to
> presented correctly in hAtom terms you would have to "emulate" another
> namespace, ie the entry- bit.
>
> Anyway If you are proposing adding stuff to hatom like in-reply-to(replies)
> etc... why not use an official atom term like "related"[1]
>
> <a rel="related" href="#comment-001">link to this</a>
>
> [1] http://www.atomenabled.org/developers/syndication/index.php#link

Hi Martin,

How does it detach it? You end up with a page that's structured like this:

<hfeed>
 <hentry>
  <entry-title>My Blog post</entry-title>
  <entry-content>Bla bla bla, I have a blog</entry-content>
  <hfeed comments>
    <hentry>
     <entry-content>You are so smart and handsome</entry-content>
    </hentry>
  </hfeed>
 </hentry
</hfeed>

I don't think there's too many blog pages that don't use this implicit
structure. My apologies if I'm missing something....

Regards, etc...
David

--
David Janes