[uf-new] Statement of Principles/code of conduct - any prior work ?

Mark Ng mark at markng.me.uk
Fri Nov 14 03:15:33 PST 2008

2008/11/13 Toby A Inkster <mail at tobyinkster.co.uk>:
> Mark Ng wrote:
> One solution to that would be to have the standards document itself state
> what type of standard it is, possibly using rel-tag.

Possibly, though how would you know *which* tag inside a page was
denoting what type of document it is ?

> In the example above, the <div> is just there as a convenient container to
> define the prefixes being used, "dc" and "ex". (In a theoretical microformat
> serialisation, this would probably be omitted, but I think it's useful to
> use a pure RDFa version as a prototype to get an idea about how a future
> microformat might work.)

Yup - though I wonder how one might sensibly serialise this as a
microformat as it is currently invisible data (and maybe it shouldn't
be).

Or is it actually best serialising this as rel="license" or
rel="ecolabel" or, in my case rel="statement-of-principles" and just
have the RDFa form of it be as you specify ?

I'm not sure whether it would be better to suggest a larger "conforms"
pattern or just suggest a specific rel-pattern that solves my
particular problem - I guess I'm looking for some more guidance.

Mark