[uf-new] Re: Comment Questions

David Janes davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Fri Nov 14 06:37:14 PST 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 9:30 AM, Martin McEvoy <martin at weborganics.co.uk> wrote:

> "if there is no Entry Title for a comment, it can be assumed to be empty or
> the blog post title (investigate current atom feeds) "
>
> the atom:title element should not be empty...
>
> "It is advisable that each atom:entry element contain a non-empty atom:title
> element"

Advisable is not SHOULD or MUST though. The latter part of my comment
is probably the important thing ... let's have a look at some Atom
published comment feeds (I suspect Blogger/Blogspot does this) and see
what the current use consensus is.

> To exclude the entry-title element I would recommend a comment use the value
> of "fn" presented in a contextual way eg:
>
> by Author
> Author said
> Author says
> etc...

This seems overly prescriptive to me, but even then: if we think this
is a good idea, why not just infer this if there's no entry-title.

Regards, etc...