[uf-new] Re: Comment Questions

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Fri Nov 14 06:39:50 PST 2008

Martin McEvoy wrote:
> David Janes wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 8:43 AM, Martin McEvoy
>> <martin at weborganics.co.uk> wrote:

>>> http://microformats.org/wiki/comment
>>>
>>> ;-)
>>>

>> Excellent. I've added the proposal from the photo here [1]
>>
>> Regards, etc...
>>
>> [1] http://microformats.org/wiki/comment-brainstorming#Schema_II

[some edits]

> Also, Are there any parsers that will digest nested <hfeed> elements ?

I would like to add that one of the key problems about a "comment" is
"How do you track blog comments you've made? "

If you explicitly detach the comments from the article by presenting the
the comments and the article in two separate feed elements, you break
the conversation, in other words the subject of the conversation(the
article or blog post) should explicitly remain with the conversation
itself, this saves the subscriber of a feed having to visit the webpage
again, just to find out what the conversation(comment) is about.

Thanks

--
Martin McEvoy

http://weborganics.co.uk/