[uf-new] Re: Comment Questions

David Janes davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Sun Nov 16 14:02:21 PST 2008

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 4:33 PM, Toby A Inkster <mail at tobyinkster.co.uk> wrote:
> David Janes wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure why you think #3 forces a particular layout.
>
> Imagine the following comments:
>
> - Comment A to the main article at 1:00 pm.
> - Comment B to the main article at 2:00 pm.
> - Comment C in reply to comment A at 3:00 pm.
> - Comment D in reply to comment B at 4:00 pm.
>
> Use of class="hfeed replies" forces the comments to be placed in ACBD order:
> C is a reply to A so it needs to be nested within a feed nested within A; B
> cannot come between them. This means that the comments cannot be layed out

Sorry, I don't see this ....  You can put
<EntryComments>...<EntryComments> around comments, independent of
ordering or nesting. To spell it out explicitly, e.g. and assuming
EntryComments is physicalized using "hfeed comments"

   ... this is the blog post ...
      ... the comments in hentrys whatever order ...

Regards, etc...
David

--
David Janes