[uf-new] hAudio 1.0 Draft Release

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Wed Oct 15 13:09:11 PDT 2008

On [Oct 15], at [ Oct 15] 12:49 , Martin McEvoy wrote:

> I cant solve hypothetical issues.

But that's exactly what you're trying to do.  You have not yet opened
issues on any of the problems your schema aims to solve, so no one
else even knows what those problems are, much less if your proposed
solutions are appropriate.  Please try to go back and follow the
process before continuing to discuss specific points.

> Hmm you know I dont see "album" as a property at all on the
> brainstorming page

That's because the decision-making process on that was poorly
documented in the wiki.  It happened almost entirely via email.  Let's
not repeat that mistake here.

On [Oct 15], at [ Oct 15] 1:18 , Martin McEvoy wrote:

> It will follow why these properties have been removed on the issues
> page

Please add your issues to the list, but please also leave out your pre-
determined solutions (e.g. removing properties) until we've reached
something approaching agreement that they are, in fact, issues.  We
can't hope to make much progress on the specifics when there remains
such disagreement about general concepts.  Presenting an updated
schema may seem like the most efficient way forward, but it proves to
be a waste of everyone's time in practice.

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com