[uf-new] hAudio 1.0 Draft Release

David Janes davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Thu Oct 16 04:36:21 PDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 10:48 PM, Martin McEvoy
<martin at weborganics.co.uk> wrote:

>>   * It is important to understand that ITEM is an opaque element. When
>>     processing the ITEM element, none of the properties of the child
>>     hAudio should be pulled into the parent hAudio. However, it is
>>     recommended that child hAudio /SHOULD/ inherit the following
>>     parent hAudio properties, if they are not specified on the child:
>>         o album
>>         o contributor
>>         o category
>>         o published
>>         o photo
>>
>> ...None of the above properties Should be inherited from the parent
>> hAudio, Item is Not opaque when it does "inherit" all those extra properties
>> and is something unknown to the way current microformats work, If Item is
>> changed to have the ability to glean properties from the parent, then there
>> is nothing opaque about it.
>>

> The more I look at what Item intends to do the more I am realizing that we
> are reusing the wrong property

Just to weigh in on the "item" thing -- in a general sense, not just
for hAudio -- is that I believe item should be opaque _but_ of course
uFs that use it can define rules to "see into it". I think this makes
sense in terms of future parsers, extensions, etc..

--
David Janes
Mercenary Programmer