[uf-new] hAudio issue D5: 2008-01-10 there is no way of linking to an interim page

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Thu Sep 11 12:54:54 PDT 2008

Hello Manu Sorry I took so long to respond..

-1 to @rel="bookmark"
> http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/types.html#type-links

All links, url's are not clickable/hyperlinkable, also publishers of
haudio may not have the option to add a @rel link type some applications
such as Wiki's disable link types in favour of adding "nofollow" to all
outgoing url's (this is only done for SEO purposes, it saves a site from
losing Page Rank/P.R)...
> rel="help" is also an option - we should re-use pre-existing HTML
> LinkTypes where appropriate.

!! ...
> However, I believe that there is also a problem with examples. Most of
> the hAudio examples deal with the final location of the hAudio data and
> rarely point elsewhere. We'd need more examples before adding this to
> hAudio (per the Microformats process).

Manu, Take another look at all the example's[1] (I have that's what took
me so long to respond) nearly all the examples have arbitrary links, not
Author Links, not Payment Links or Enclosure Links  just links that
maybe link to other recordings by an artist,
or a link where more information can be found about a recording, even
links to where a said artist may be performing at some time in the
future, these kind of links are directly associated with a particular or
recording.
> I'm not arguing that it's not useful, just arguing that we don't have
> enough examples to support adding that feature to hAudio right now.

There are more than you would expect here are just a few for you to look at:

http://microformats.org/blog/2005/09/30/web-essentials-audio/  (the
audio is not on the page it is on Odeo)
http://darwin-online.org.uk/audio_darwin.html (the titles of each
section are on different pages)
http://www.scottandrew.com/music/ (there are links where Lyrics can be
found)
http://magnatune.com/podcasts/details/magnatune_middle-eastern_podcast_2006_12_14
(all the links are links to pages where the audio may be found and
listened to)

....I will leave you to go through the rest.

[1] http://microformats.org/wiki/audio-info-examples

Best Wishes

Martin McEvoy