[uf-new] Re: Exposing place names whose property type (street-adr, locality...) is unknown

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 10:59:01 PST 2009

On 2/2/09, JMesserly <swarmers at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Then in the case of Bailie's Bar‎, is it permissible to use the
>  generality of locality in this way?  eg:

--- i would use extended-address for something like "Bailie's Bar" it
is not the street-address, and it is not the locality, but it is
useful. Infact, i probably would work in ORG and FN if this were an
hCard.

>  Red alert? case two:
>  (real case- see
>  http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pearl_harbor_attack_Japanese_recon_photo_of_battleship_row_80G30552.jpg)

--- I am not sure what "Teal street" is, is it a street name without
an address? If so, then you should use street-address, if it is not
(it is some colloquial name), then you should probably use
extended-address.

>  It gets worse.  In some cases there are real addresses with street numbers.

--- If they are real addresses, with real street numbers, what is
wrong with 'street-address'? If you have the precision to the street
and house number, then what is the dissonance with the ADR structure?

-brian

--
brian suda
http://suda.co.uk