[uf-new] Re: Exposing place names whose property type (street-adr, locality...) is unknown

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Mon Feb 2 15:03:45 PST 2009

On [Feb 2], at [ Feb 2] 3:17 , Toby A Inkster wrote:

> JMesserly wrote:
>
>> Of course I wouldn't have posted the inquiry to this list if I had
>> the
>> type of this information.
>
> If you don't know what level address parts are - street-address,
> locality, region, etc - then you can't (properly) use adr

According to the wiki [1], adr has no required fields.  By my reading,
John knows the content is an address; he just doesn't know what
exactly the individual parts of the address are.  So he can properly
use adr by labeling the content with class="adr" and avoiding further
(likely wrong) detail.  That won't be useable in all adr tools, but it
will still work in some.

[1] http://microformats.org/wiki/adr-cheatsheet

--
Scott Reynen