[uf-new] Issue HP4 - Multiple formats for PRICE in hProduct

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Tue Feb 17 21:55:57 PST 2009

http://microformats.org/wiki/hproduct-issues#HP4_-_Are_all_of_the_formats_for_PRICE_in_hProduct_allowed

The hProduct specification lists the following formats as allowable for
PRICE:

> price. optional. floating point number. can be further refined by type
>        (msrp, regular, sale, clearance), can use currency format.

So, we can do the following in PRICE:

Floating point number:
----------------------

Currency format:
----------------
   <abbr class="currency" title="GBP">£</abbr>

Further refined by type:

Are all of these good ideas as an extension to PRICE? We don't allow the
type to be refined in other uFs do we? Is the price specified as a
regular floating point number useful without a currency?

Manu Sporny
President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Scaling Past 100,000 Concurrent Web Service Requests
http://blog.digitalbazaar.com/2008/09/30/scaling-webservices-part-1