[uf-new] Open Source for ESRI Python?

Landon Blake sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 08:45:08 PDT 2012

Despite my best efforts to avoid the evil empire, my company has just
approved the purchase of the lastest version of ESRI ArcEditor. (I
have ordered the corresponding Darth Vader costume.) :]

I remembered that some tasks in ESRI ArcGIS could be customized and
automated using Python, so I immediately bought this book:

Here is my question:

Is there any open source project for the sharing of Python code that
is used in ArcGIS? If my company does develop Python code for use in
ArcGIS, I'd like to make it available under an open source license,
and I'm looking for an existing project where I could contribute my
code.

I figured this would be the place to ask.

Wish me the best on my journey to the dark side.

Landon