[uf-rest] Sitemaps as service descriptions

Mark Rickerby maetl at mcs.vuw.ac.nz
Tue Nov 8 17:29:04 PST 2005

I was looking at some of the stuff on the wiki, and came across this:

http://microformats.org/wiki/rest/description

While I think I tend to agree that a REST description language isn't
really needed, I was wondering if there could already be a standard
existing in terms of sitemap navigation pages. The sitemap would point
to the overall structure of resources (nouns), allowing agents to do
the rest at the verb/form level.

Does anyone know of any good examples of sites that have a well
defined sitemap format (both in terms of URI naming conventions and
HTML markup) that could be a step in this direction?

Thanks,
Mark