[uf-rest] RESTifying RAILs

David Heinemeier Hansson david at loudthinking.com
Fri Nov 11 05:50:46 PST 2005

> Or is that coupling things too tightly?

I believe that it is. And its too magical. This coming from Mr.
Magician ;)

I think its fine to hide some of the details a little, but this is
completely removing action and effect. What is resources? Why would
adding to them change anything?

What we need to do is abstract the implementation details of how you
set the conditional get headers, not the concept itself. So I believe
that render :modified_at => some_date is about the right level of
abstraction for this.
--
David Heinemeier Hansson
http://www.37signals.com    -- Basecamp, Backpack, Writeboard, Tada