[uf-rest] AHAH and AJAX

Larry Staton Jr. statonjr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 13:49:10 PST 2005

On 11/18/05, Ryan King <ryan at technorati.com> wrote:
> Instead of following the AJAX idea, where you make a HTTP request,
> get it back, parse the XML and do something fun with it, most people
> do all the "fun stuff on the server side" and just send back some
> html that they can throw in an html element with innerHTML. So, my
> point here is that it doesn't matter what the contents are, they're
> treated as just a string of text.

I think this is exactly right. I looked at what I was actually doing
with my proposed AJAX implementation and realized that I was really
just sending back another XHTML snippet to throw in an html element
with innerHTML. My XHTML snippets just happened to be XOXO-formatted
documents that I styled with CSS.

--
Larry Staton Jr.
E-mail/Jabber: statonjr at gmail.com