[uf-rest] AHAH! Not yet.

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar drernie at opendarwin.org
Wed Jan 4 14:43:14 PST 2006

Hi Justin,

On Jan 4, 2006, at 2:32 PM, Justin Maxwell wrote:
> On 4 Jan 2006, at 13:21, Dr. Ernie Prabhakar wrote:
>
>> If that's true, then why were you worried about the 'meta' tags
>> appearing in the calling document?
>
> Thanks for asking, and sorry for the confusion.  The actual <body>
> node is not loaded, only its children are.  Before that, however,
> the children of the <head> node are loaded.

How bizzarre. I've always assumed that 'meta' and 'link' are NOT
valid in <body>; could some HTML language lawyer confirm?   If so,
this seems a really annoying behavior for 'innerHTML' in the DOM. :-(

If I'm right, then this is even more obnoxious than I thought.  What
did you think of my suggestion of adding a "source" div to the AHAH
call?  Would that actually make your life simpler, by allowing you to
'host' all your AHAH fragments on a single page?

-- Ernie P.