[uf-rest] Introducing JAHAH

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar drernie at opendarwin.org
Thu Jan 5 12:16:00 PST 2006

Hi David,

On Jan 5, 2006, at 12:01 PM, David Janes -- BlogMatrix wrote:
> ... I'm willing to put technology out there that exploits a hole --
> or rather "hole", as I think of it. If it JSON/JSONP/JAHAH take
> off, it's actually easy to add a security bridge within the
> browser: only allow pure string/dictionary/list/number/basic type
> definitions to be made on a cross-site script load.

I think the counter-argument to this is that, rather than requiring a
security-sniffer to evaluate malicious code for security-safeness
before 'actual' evaluation, far better to use a declarative data
format and build a rigorous parser into the default library.   No?

-- Ernie P.

P.S.  Ouch, did I really use that many buzzwords in one sentence?