[uf-rest] Introducing JAHAH (regarding JSONP)

David Janes -- BlogMatrix davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Thu Jan 5 12:21:02 PST 2006

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> On Jan 5, 2006, at 11:41 AM, David Janes -- BlogMatrix wrote:
>
>> Justin Maxwell wrote:
>> You're free not to use it, of course.
>
> Thanks. :-)
>
> I do agree JSON has some useful ideas we should consider in the general
> AHAH context, but there is also value in bringing AHAH ideas into the
> JSON community, for which you deserve credit.

Well, this is entirely a "standing on the shoulders of giants" type of
thing. I just pulled the pieces together, which was surprisingly easy --
10 hours from when I had the idea to when I got 0.1.0 out.

One particular switch was that when "jsonp" is absent or empty, to
return a complete HTML document. This was based on yesterday's
discussion on this list -- that all JAHAH webservices could return a
document that is also (almost) AHAH compatible.

>>  it's not something that me and a couple of guys down at the pub
>> invented last weekend :-).
>
> For the record, XOXO-as-YAML was actually invented last *month*, and at
> an Indian restaurant, not a pub, so there. ;-)

And on the subject of Indian restaurants, if there was a decent one in
Toronto that I knew of I'd be a whole lot happier! :-)

Regards, etc...