[uf-rest] Introducing JAHAH

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Thu Jan 5 12:55:47 PST 2006

 From what I understand, you're missing the point.  The key is that
the <SCRIPT> tag can be used to load JAHAH across domains, thus the
payload absolutely must be JavaScript of some sort.  JSON is the
simplest subset of JavaScript to produce, so it's the only good
choice here.

YAML is technically a superset of JSON these days, but YAML is
extremely difficult to parse and good parsers aren't available
everywhere.  JSON is extremely simple to parse, and good parsers are
available pretty much everywhere.  As far as Python goes, YAML is
pretty much dead in the water.

-bob