[uf-rest] Introducing JAHAH

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Fri Jan 6 21:20:08 PST 2006

On Jan 6, 2006, at 9:11 PM, Dr. Ernie Prabhakar wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> On Jan 5, 2006, at 9:41 PM, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>> How about taking JavaScript names?  Neutral enough.
>>
>> string, number, boolean, date.  data doesn't exist in JavaScript,
>> but that's a damn good name for it because it's the appropriate
>> URL scheme.
>
> Enough hypotheses, time for hard data.  I've gone ahead and created
> a page under rest to collect examples:
>
> http://microformats.org/wiki/rest/datatypes#Examples
>
> So far I have XML Schema, plists, C, JSON, and YAML.  Hopefully
> others can add their favorites, and we can build a consensus...

JSON/JavaScript isn't correct.. object is not for data (it's a
string:value map), boolean is the name of the boolean type (which has
true and false instances) and in JavaScript there is a canonical
datetime representation as Date (but doesn't have a lowercase type
name, it's just an object).

XML-RPC types would probably be good to add also: string, double,
int, boolean, base64, dateTime.iso8601

(too lazy to create a wiki login at the moment)

-bob