[uf-rest] RE: Singular and plurals in URLs

David Heinemeier Hansson david at loudthinking.com
Tue Jun 13 15:22:08 PDT 2006

> I've not used any of these solutions in any significant way, but I
> fear
> a strict hierarchy, having run into problems with them in the past. It
> seems the point of hypertext to provide flexibility at runtime.

For machine-parsing, introspection documents and links are probably
fine. For humans, less so. Simply Restful is attempting to make the
same URLs usable by many different clients. Humans, machines, XML,
HTML, etc.

But it would certainly be nice to have both.
--
David Heinemeier Hansson
http://www.37signals.com    -- Basecamp, Backpack, Writeboard, Tada