[uf-rest] New microformat/REST Ruby Parser: mofo

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar drernie at opendarwin.org
Wed Mar 14 19:15:11 PST 2007

Hi James,

On Mar 14, 2007, at 7:42 AM, James Stewart wrote:
> I think this is my first post here, after lurking for a while.

Welcome!

> What I wanted to be able to do was to be able to accept my input as
> XML, JSON, microformats or a regular query string. It's quite
> straightforward to add parameter parsers for different types of
> input in Rails 1.2, but distinguishing the microformat input from a
> standard query string was a bit trickier.

Um, sorry, I'm not quite following you. Do you mean *encoding* the
microformat data _into_ the query string? My understanding is that
the query string is urlencoded vs. HTML, so there's no ambiguity. But
I'm probably completely missing your point.

> I wrote up a few notes on my blog:
>
> http://jystewart.net/process/2007/02/intercepting-microformats-in-
> rails-input/
>
> I've also written up a longer piece on the process which should
> appear on infoq.com some time soon.

Look forward to it -- please let us know when it is up.

- Ernie P.