[uf-rest] AHAH Returning Mysterious 404s

Andy Staines andy at yellowswordfish.com
Wed Mar 12 08:40:29 PST 2008

>>> http://wordpress.org/support/topic/68654
>>> http://wordpress.org/support/topic/67416
>>> http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=36705
>>>

>>> Hope one helps.
>>>
>>> -Bosko
>>> http://tumbl.es/
>>>

>> Good day Bosko
>> I thank you for pointing these items out but I am going to appear
>> like
>> a complete dunce now as I am not really sure what you are suggesting
>> by them. I'm still new to web work (old desktop programmer) so I may
>> well have misinterpreted what I read but these all seemed to be all
>> about displaying a correct 404 page when a true 404 was received.
>> Whereas my problem is users receiving a 404 when they should not get
>> one.
>> I would be grateful if you could give me an extra prod as to what I
>> am
>> missing here?
>> Thanks and regards
>> Andy
>
> Hi Andy,
>
> Sorry if the Email came off as direct, I didn't intend for it to be
> that way.
>
> To be honest I'm not sure what is causing your problem, just that I
> don't think it is specific to the use of AHAH itself, but is probably
> the result of something else setup-wise related to wordpress and/or
> PHP deployment (which is what you seem to assume as well).  The links
> I posted are just the results of google searches on the topic based on
> your original post.  I was just hoping that one of them might trigger
> a realization. :-)
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Bosko Milekic <bosko.milekic at gmail.com>
> http://www.tumbl.es/

Ah! Thanks. I wish they did! So far the ONLY thing I have found that
these four users have in common is the use of Apache V1.3.xx but that
in itsefd is also a common version for hosts to use so I don't think
that is anything to do with it.!

Sadly!

Thanks/Andy