This Week in Microformats - Week Beginning March 17th 2008
‘This Week in Microformats’ is a weekly summary of notable microformats activity from mailing lists, wiki, events and the wider web. It gets posted to the Microformats.org Blog on Sundays. Please add contributions to the headings below. (See the original This Week in Microformats posts for guidance on formatting; This Week #1, This Week #2.)
On the Wiki
- In an effort to make planning, direction and progress of the microformats community clearer, we've reorganised the todo page (should have been done last week)
- Linkable profiles have been produced for more microformats.
Developments on uf-new
On the web
- Y! search blog announces support for microformats
In the coming weeks, we'll be releasing more detailed specifications that will describe our support of semantic web standards. Initially, we plan to support a number of microformats, including hCard, hCalendar, hReview, hAtom, and XFN.
- What is the Semantic Web? What's Web 3.0? What are Microformats? Why do Microformats matter?
The "pragmatic" semantic web proposes – let's just use conventions and best practices for today's web markup and today's browsers. Let's add semantics using Microformats to the event example.
- Mofo - Getting Started w/ Microformats using Ruby - Web 3.0 In Action
Let's load up the event listing web page for the Ruby on Rails Workshop on the Yahoo! Upcoming service using mofo – a microformat parser in Ruby.