Difference between revisions of "blog-info-brainstorming"
|(5 intermediate revisions by 5 users not shown)|
Latest revision as of 18:54, 16 December 2008
Blog Info Brainstorming
This page documents thoughts toward establishing a new microformat to use when discussing, linking to, referring to blogs beyond just linking to them using a person or organization's name.
- name of the blog
- link to the blog
- zero or more links to feeds for the blog
- type of that feed
- name of person associated with the blog (e.g. author / contributor)
- root class name for an item - (hBlog? hInfo? hItem?).
- "fn" for name of blog
- simple href link to the blog
- "alternate"? typed href alternate links
- "author" for stating who is blogging that blog. hCard is quite useful / flexible.
When used in conjunction with XOXO, this could be a very useful way of outputting lists of favorites.
<ul> <li class="hblog"> <dl> <dt class="fn url"><a href="[link]">[Title]</a></dt> <dd class="author">[author hCard]</dd> <dd class="description">[Description]</dd> <dd class="alternate url"><a href="[feedlink]" class="feed">[Title]</a></dd> <dd class="alternate url"><a href="[homepagelink]" class="homepage">[Title]</a></dd> </dl> </li> <li class="hblog">[etc]</li> </ul>
That isn't XOXO at all. XOXO has key value pairs with visible keys in