Jump to navigation Jump to search
Portable Social Network Micro Meetup at Citizen Space
- 2007-09-25T17:30+0800 - 2007-09-25T20:00+0800
- Citizen Space, 425 Second St., #300, San Francisco, CA, USA
- social-network-portability series.
Add yourself alphabetically sorted by last name if you attended.
(taken by Chris Messina)
- privacy models vs semantic relationships
- livejournal does a good job
- different contexts
- facebook shows private twitter if you import/aggregate private feeds...
- grand vision of the semantic web...
- no such thing as universal trust
- muse in romantic category... because of classical greek definition
- germany just passed 7 year marriage contract defaults
- after X amount of time
- gestures can renew halflife
- tom morris's blogroll...
- levels of contacts... social whitelisting by context... or location
- magnolia does recommendations
- notices email... if someone signs up using that email, messages sent via them
- need messaging via email/jabber/openid
- every generation is more likely to share more information for fame and ease of use...
- need incremental benefits over time...
- a lot of networks don't build in support for banning/blocking/abuse
- the convenience of creating and establishing an openid...
- friending... blocking universally... across all sites...
- maybe it will prevent abuse because the value to an abuser of a reputable openid is high... i can block people universally based on their single openid...
- pownce... you add someone as friend... goes into friend requests... accept friend / no, leave as fan
- openid for friends: add as friend, leave as fan, deny
- drop friends list... only have fans list... then check your fans list to add someone as a friend...
- be able to request the ability to follow... without annoying someone with a friend request...
- no way to remove fans from your page
- people feel bad listing best friends ... myspace/facebook? people will lie... people will go after someone's best friends...
- people on livejournal edit their friends list often... there's a cost to having a long list of friends... binge and purge is how you cloak decay
- give choice on length of expiration...
- decay could fall all the way down to fandom
- proximity + context + group (grid model...)... time, tags, geo...
- imagine your friends as records in the itunes library... all the different types of smart filters...
- how or do you re-share information?
- on openid endpoint... could list rel-groups... site could pull in all your groups... and subscribe to them... if you remove a link to a group, you've unsubscribed
- use oauth to maintain our list of groups?
- hCard supporting user profiles
- hCard+XFN supporting friends lists
Return to microformats Microformats events.