<entry-title>Sensored Meetup #10: Data! APIs! Standards!</entry-title>
One of several microformats related Microformats events.
- from to
- Lemnos Labs, 85 Bluxome Street, San Francisco, CA
- Sensored Meetup #10: Data! APIs! Standards!
At this meetup, we're going to have 4 speakers and a panel discussion focused on different aspects of data. What are the different ways to access data from a sensor device, and what are the tradeoffs?
Data, data everywhere. Now what?
We, the community working with sensors and data, have many open questions and challenges. It's an exciting time to be in this field, but there are a lot of things we're still trying to figure out. We're not going to give out solutions here; the goal is to initiate a conversation about common problems we face. Then we can talk about how to solve them, in an ongoing iterative way.
Use the following tags on related content (blog posts, photos, tweets):
tags: sensored-meetup sensored microformats-meetup microformats san-francisco soma bluxome-street lemnos-labs sensored-meetup-2013-04-08
If you use Twitter, mention @microformats #sensored' in tweets about the event, and track them on Twitter Search.
Add yourself alphabetically sorted by family name if you plan on attending or attended this event.
- Matt Biddulph
- Tantek Çelik (speaker)
- Chris Jeffries
- Rachel Kalmar (moderator)
- Michael Koster (spaker)
- David Proctor (speaker)
- ... add yourself!
- Search for photographs from this event on Flickr: Photographs tagged sensored-meetup-2013-04-08 or for all photographs from microformats meetups.
Things we talked about:
- What is and how old is the oldest device you have with you that you're using?
- Key fob
- What is and how old is the oldest software you're running?
- What is and how old is the oldest piece of your own data you have?
Rachel's questions: I can't get access to my data.
- What's the best way to deal with data accessibility, from a technical and from a business perspective?
- Longevity, Openness, Building Blocks
- https://etherpad.mozilla.org/sensored - where we took notes
- http://j.mp/sensoreddata - Google Doc overview
- http://eagerfeet.org/ - went down when Nike+ proprietary API upgraded
- http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dlembree/easy-chirp-2-contribute-to-an-inclusive-twittersph - kickstarter to update an accessibility Twitter client before Twitter obsoletes their 1.0 API.
- http://tantek.com/log/2006/06.html#d17t2231 - Open data formats, longevity, microformats
- hAtom 0.1
Articles and Blog Posts
Articles and blog posts following up on the meetup. Add a link to your post in the list below:
Also, find posts on this meetup on Google Blog Search