geo-elevation-examples: Difference between revisions
Jump to navigation Jump to search
AndyMabbett (talk | contribs)
(geo-elevation-examples moved to geo-extension-elevation)
m (Reverted edits by OudarOloli (Talk) to last version by RyanKing)
|(9 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Latest revision as of 10:09, 8 January 2009
Examples of published elevations (also known as "altitude" or "height") to support the proposed elevation extension to the Geo microformat.
State High Points
<tr> <th>Abbr</th> <th>Date</th> <th>State</th> <th>Location</th> <th>Altitude</th> <th>Lat/Long</th> <th>GPS Coords</th> <th>Topo quad</th> </tr> <tr> <td>CA</td> <td><a href="./batting.500/">7/2/2001</a></td> <td><a href="./batting.500/">California</a></td> <td>Mount Whitney</td> <td>14,494</td> <td>36° 35'N,<br>118° 17'W</td> <td>36° 34.721'N,<br>118° 17.466'W</td> <td>CA Mt. Whitney 1:24,000, Mt. Langley 1:24,000</td> </tr>
Nepal GPS Waypoints
- Used by Wikipedia e.g. Avers; volcanoes in Argentina; telescopes
- Used (as "height") by PoI66 in GPS tracks, e.g 
- Used by Great Circle Mapper, e.g BHX
- Used by UK Govt. Met Office
- as "AMSL" = height Above Mean Sea Level e.g. Penkridge Weather station
- as "Altitude above mean sea level" e.g. Coleshill Latest Weather
- GPS Visualizer - plots waypoints with altitudes as a profile (example profile)
- Geo cheatsheet
- Geo examples
- geo formats - previous/other attempts at geo related formats
- Geo brainstorming - brainstorms and other explorations relating to Geo (and Geo in hCard).
- see also hCard brainstorming
- Geo advocacy - encourage others to use Geo.
- Geo examples in the wild
- Geo forms part of hCard 1.0, so please use:
- hCard FAQ. If you have any questions about Geo, check the hCard FAQ.
- hCard feedback
- hCard issues
- location-formats - research which led to the development of Geo.
- proposed extensions
- geo-extension-nonWGS84 - extend Geo for representing coordinates on other planets, moons etc.; and for other terrestrial schema
- geo-extension-waypoints - extend Geo for representing: sets of waypoints; tracks; routes; and boundaries
- Geo profile - draft