This article is a stub. You can help the microformats.org wiki by expanding it.
<entry-title>h-review-aggregate</entry-title> h-review-aggregate is a simple, open format for embedding review information (of products, services, businesses, etc). Whereas h-review is intended for an individual review, h-review-aggregate is meant for summary information about a collection of user or critic reviews about an item.
- Per CC0, to the extent possible under law, the editors have waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work. In addition, as of 2021-09-27, the editors have made this specification available under the Open Web Foundation Agreement Version 1.0.
Here is a simple example showing aggregate review information for a restaurant:
Proposed properties from hReview-aggregate 0.2 awaiting citations of publishing and consuming examples.
p-item- Required: the thing been reviewed, including embedded microformat for e.g. business or person (h-card), event (h-event), place (h-adr or h-geo), product (h-product), website, url, or other item (h-item).
p-rating- Required: the fixed point integer [1.0-5.0] of the average rating (5.0 best)
p-best- Optionally define best rating value. can be numerically lower than worst.
p-worst- Optionally define worst rating value. can be numerically higher than best.
p-count- the total number of reviews
p-votes- the total number of users who have rated the product or service, contributing to the average rating. For some sites, the number of votes is equal to the number of reviews, so
countmay be used and this property omitted.
p-name- This optional property can be the title for the review collection or a very short summary of the consensus opinion from the collection.
Examples in the wild
Test and validate microformats2 markup in general with:
- https://pin13.net/mf2/ - enter your markup directly
- https://pin13.net/ - enter a URL to a page to test where it says "Microformats Parser"
Tasks for this page.
- copy h-review
- use root class name "h-review-aggregate" instead of "h-review"
- add "p-count", "p-votes" properties as defined in hReview-aggregate 0.2
- prune set of properties to those listed in hReview-aggregate 0.2
- change backcompat parsing for root class name to "hreview-aggregate"
- change backcompat parsing property class names to those listed in hReview-aggregate 0.2