hcard-issues-closed /Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 04:30, 26 August 2009 by Tantek (editorial/link to hCard at top)
<entry-title>hCard closed issues</entry-title>
hCard 1.0 closed issues that have no further actions to take..
- 2007-01-26 raised by JamesCraig.
- Proposal to use the class attribute for qname prefixed type values (and others such as dtstart values), AKA meta classes.
<span xml:lang="en">Home (preferred): <span class="tel type:home type:pref">+1.415.555.1212</span></span> <span xml:lang="es">Casa (preferido): <span class="tel type:home type:pref">+1.415.555.1212</span></span>
- 2007-05-08 raised by Tantek as a result of a message from Andy Mabbett on microformats-new
- How do you distinguish a place vs. an organization hCard, both from the perspective of a publisher (author) wishing to express the particular semantic, and from the perspective of a parser (developer) wishing to discern the difference? This is different from the 2006-12-15 issue on semantic specificity because this issue is *specifically* about place vs. org, rather than conflating that with person.
- Note: mailing list post cited in 2006-12-15 issue is quite clear; it says "when a spider finds an hCard, it can't tell if it is a person, company, organization, or place.".
- DUPLICATE. See 2006-12-15 issue.
- 2008-02-07 raised by Andy Mabbett in microformats-discuss/2008-February/011552.html
nickname" and "
fn" optimization does not work for some or all names in Asian languages. See Tom Cruise on Chinese Wikipedia, where the
fnand nickname are the same. This could be partly remedied by not applying such optimization when the page's (or element's) language is set to one of a set of affected languages (may also apply to other languages, such as Greek). Comment from people fluent in such languages would be welcome.
- REJECTED DUPLICATE. This is a duplicate of issue raised 2007-03-28 by James Craig.