- 1 hCard supporting user profiles
hCard supporting user profiles
Welcome! If you have an account on any of the following services, you already have an hCard which you can provide to other services to import or subscribe your profile information. The ability to syndicate your profile from the service of your choice is a key component of social-network-portability.
Services with hCard profiles that also provide OpenID
The following web sites support both hCard on user profiles and the ability to use your user profile as an OpenID. Alphabetically sorted. Feel free to add sites with hCard profiles that are also OpenID URLs here. Please include a link to the site home page (or Microformats Implementations entry).
All services with hCard profiles
The following web sites support hCard on their user profiles and are thus suitable for importing/subscribing to other sites that support hCard. Sites that you can also use as your OpenID are annotated with a OpenID icon following the name of the site.
Alphabetically sorted. Feel free to add all sites with hCard profiles here. Please include a link to the site home page (or Microformats Implementations entry), and instructions for retrieving your user profile URL on that site. If the site's user profile URLs can also be used as OpenIDs, please add the OpenID icon following the name of the site.
- 3eep - each user's public profile is located at http://3eep.com/users/userNameHere
- ArtistServer - each user's public profile is located at http://www.artistserver.com/userURLHere
- bragster - each user's public profile is located at http://www.bragster.com/member/username
- ClaimID - each user's public profile is located at http://claimid.com/userNameHere
- Consumating - login, click on your name or "My Profile" link, copy the URL which looks like http://consumating.com/profiles/userNameHere
- Cork'd - login and copy the URL which should start with http://www.corkd.com/people/
- Digg - e.g. http://digg.com/users/tantek
- Django People — profiles are at djangopeople.net/username e.g. http://djangopeople.net/simon/
- Dopplr — requires login. Example profile: http://www.dopplr.com/traveller/adactio
- Ficlets — profiles are located at ficlets.com/authors/username e.g. http://ficlets.com/authors/adactio
- Flickr - login, click "Your Photos", click "Profile", and copy the URL which should start with http://flickr.com/people/
- Gaia Community - e.g. http://sphorbis.gaia.com/ - built by Zaadz
- Identoo - e.g. sample profile
- ImThere - profiles are located at http://imthere.com/users/USERNAME
- Jaiku — profiles are located at username.jaiku.com e.g. http://adactio.jaiku.com/
- JPG Magazine - each user's public profile is located at http://jpgmag.com/people/userNameHere, e.g. http://jpgmag.com/people/jpd
- Keevu.com - profiles are located at http://www.keevu.com/users/USERNAME - e.g.: Zheileman
- Last FM
- LinkedIn - login, click on "My Profile" in the top blue bar, then click on "Public Profile" and copy the URL in the page after "Your current URL is:" which should start with http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ or http://www.linkedin.com/in/. Note: LinkedIn profiles include an hResume for you in addition to your hCard.
- LiveJournal (see also LiveJournal implementation page entry) - login, click on the "Profile" link, and copy the URL which should start with http://USERNAME.livejournal.com/profile where USERNAME is your LJ username. E.g. .
- Ma.gnolia - each user's public profile is located at http://ma.gnolia.com/people/userNameHere . Note: issue(s).
- Mixx - profiles are located at http://www.mixx.com/users/USERNAME e.g. http://www.mixx.com/users/jgarber
- MyOpenID - profiles are located at http://USERNAME.myopenid.com e.g. http://tantek.myopenid.com/
- Nsyght - Visit your profile page. Should look like this: http://www.nsyght.com/friends/[username]/, e.g. sample profile.
- OSocial Network - add the OpenSocial application into your social network, then in OSocial.net Web site you will be able to get your hCard profile
- Plaxo - create a nickname in your settings, then go to NICKNAME.myplaxo.com (e.g. http://joseph.myplaxo.com) and copy the URL
- Pownce - login, click on the "Home" link at the top, and copy the URL.
- Revish — profiles are located at revish.com/people/username e.g. http://www.revish.com/people/adactio
- Rosebleed - your profile URL is http://rosebleed.net/users/profile.php/ followed by your username, e.g. silvermoon82.
- Tangler - click on a person's profile to navigate to their profile which is marked up with hCard http://www.tangler.com/people/id/ - where "id" is the user number of that person.
- Technorati - login, click on the "Signed in as username" username link at the top right of the page, and copy the URL which should start with http://technorati.com/profile/
- Twitter - login, click on "Your profile" at the top, and copy the URL
- Upcoming - login, click on the "Welcome, username!" username link at the top right of the page, and copy the URL which should start with http://upcoming.yahoo.com/user/
- Videntity.org - e.g. http://danda.videntity.org/
- Vimeo — e.g. http://www.vimeo.com/user196031
- Vox - profile URL is http://USERNAME.vox.com/profile/ e.g. http://daveman692.vox.com/profile/ (note issue: empty "n" property. fix: remove "n" from class attribute).
- Yedda - e.g. http://yedda.com/people/8625713501419/ built by Zaadz
- ... add more sites (alphabetically sorted please) that support hCard, including instructions for finding and copying your profile URL.
Services that import hCard profiles
The following web sites support importing your existing hCard user profile, e.g. from the above sites, or your own page. Feel free to add sites supporting hCard user profile import to the appropriate section here. Please include a link to the site home page, and instructions for how to import your existing hCard user profile to the site.
import and subscribe on sign-up
Site(s) that allow you to import and subscribe to your hCard user profile when signing-up.. Alphabetically sorted.
- Satisfaction Inc. - go to their sign in and registration page, choose the service of your existing profile or "Other..." and enter your profile URL (which you can retrieve as described above), and click "Get Profile". Then check "[x] Subscribe to this profile". Note: issue(s).
See subscribe-hcard for more notes on implementing subscribing to a user's hCard to automatically update their profile information.
import on sign-up
Site(s) that allow you to import your hCard user profile to sign-up. Alphabetically sorted.
- bragster - go to the sign-up page, click on the service logo of your existing profile, or the microformats logo for 'other' and enter your profile username (or URL for 'other') (which you can retrieve as described above).
Sites that let you import your external hCard profile information anytime.
- None currently.
Sites that let you subscribe to your external hCard profile information anytime.
- None currently.
Sites that support fully delegating to your external hCard profile.
- None currently.
For more information
Want to implement hCard on your site so you can list it here?
See the hCard authoring page for how to mark-up information about a person with hCard.
Join the microformats community, in particular the #microformats IRC channel on irc://irc.freenode.net#microformats and the microformats-dev mailing list, and send a message stating that you'd like to add hCard to the profiles and hCard+XFN supporting friends lists to your website.
Please also consider implementing hCard+XFN friends lists.
See hCard supporting user profiles issues for issues, problems with implementations.