Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 17:44, 17 December 2008 by NicolasLeroy (→2008-12-17 hProduct vs hListing regarding "price" / "quantity" / "shipping" fields)
2008-12-17 hProduct vs hListing regarding "price" / "quantity" / "shipping" fields
- 2008-12-17 raised by NicolasLeroy
- In the "out of scope" section, it is explained: _"This microformat does not intend to replicate any of the content proposed within hListing and would defer all money/transactional matters to that microformat"_
- However, in the hProduct schema, we have the following fields:
- "price. optional. floating point number. can be further refined by type (msrp, regular, sale, clearance)" => if the price is the retailer price, then it should be delegated to hListing. We could imagine it represents the "manufacturer" price (which could be different from the retailer price) ; in this case, it should clearly be explained in the schema definition.
- I would say there is also ambiguity between the responsabilities of hProduct vs hListing for the following fields: quantity / shipping