introduction /Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 14:05, 8 June 2010 by FlavioOliveira (talk | contribs)
<entry-title>Introdução aos Microformats</entry-title>
O que são Microformats?
Microformats é uma forma simples de adicionar marcas para interpretação humana de diferentes tipos de informação como por exemplo eventos, detalhes de contactos or localizações, em páginas web, de forma a que a informação aí contida possa ser extraida por software para ser indexada, pesquisada, guardada, referenciada ou combinada.
More technically, they are items of semantic markup, using just standard "plain old semantic (X)HTML" (i.e. "posh") with a set of common existing-classes and "rel" values. They are open and available, freely, for anyone to use.
Porque é que nós aparecemos com os microformats?
In short, microformats are the convergence of a number of trends:
- a logical next step in the evolution of web design and information architecture
- a way for people and organisations to publish richer information themselves, without having to rely upon centralized services
- an acknowledgement that (outside of specialist areas) "traditional" metadata efforts have either failed or taken so long to garner any adoption, that a new approach was necessary
- a way to use (X)HTML for data.
O apelo à Simplicidade
- Microformats are a simple effort which has appealed to many frustrated with previous complex efforts. One parallel that can be drawn is to REST in the web services world - for more on REST see suggested reading on.
- See: Web Services and the Innovators Dilemma by Justin Leavesley
- A list of some notable users.
- Recent press interviews and Articles are also a good introduction.
- See microformat presentations for more background and introductory material on microformats.
- Listen to microformats podcasts about microformats.
- Read the FAQs for general microformat queries.
- More suggested reading
- So you want to implement microformats?
- microformats podcasts
- Sitepoint has a nice introductory tutorial: Microformats - Plugging the Gaps in HTML
- Premasagar has written up some nice microformats examples with source.