Material for a "microformats.org turns 5" blog post - additional suggestions welcome!
2 billion pages with hCards
According to Yahoo! Search Monkey, there are now over 2 billion pages with hCards on the web:
This is perhaps due to a few fairly large recent deployments:
- BrightKite.com - all venues and user profiles have hCard (millions)
- Gravatar - all profiles now have hCards (millions) - used on WordPress.com etc.
There's also been a notable very useful deployment from 37 Signals:
- 37 Signals have added hCards to Basecamp:
Thanks to Jeremy Keith's help!
- StatusNet platform uses hCards for all users and groups (Example instance: http://identi.ca/ ). Also uses representative hCards where appropriate. I'm not sure about exact numbers --Sarven Capadisli 22:51, 7 July 2010 (UTC)
94% of rich snippet markup
Some additional recent news:
- microformats has 94% marketshare compared to alternatives (e.g. RDFa) for rich snippet markup according to Google (announced at the Semantic Technology conference)
More suggestions for a microformats.org turns 5 blog post.