This page is to work out possible rules for a future microformats2 linter/validator.
The job of a linter or validator is to help the user correctly implement microformats2 on their site by making helpful (if somewhat pedantic) comments about the markup.
Possible linting rules
- If a document has an h-feed class, it shouldn't have any h-entry elements that are not children of the h-feed.
- A non-nested h-entry should be on an article.
- -1 Tantek 14:44, 12 July 2015 (UTC) see below
- If the outer h-entry is an article element, arguably nested h-entrys should also be articles. This is explicitly recommended by §4.3.2 of HTML5.
- -1 article tag is unnecessary extra markup / and or constraint for the semantics of h-entry. Tantek 14:44, 12 July 2015 (UTC)
- dt-created <= dt-published <= dt-updated.
<article>in practice seems to serve no purpose in HTML5.
- I've stopped using it for this reason. Tantek 14:44, 12 July 2015 (UTC)