OpenId + microformats Brainstorming
This is a public space for capturing some ideas on how OpenID and Microformats can work together.
- hCard - for profiles
- Will Norris on privacy issues in using hcard for data provisioning.
- rel="friend" etc. for marking up relationships between profiles
- rel="me" for identity consolidation among profiles
- Should Yadis be extended to support rel="me"?
Ideas for use
- Identity providers could provide hCard marked up profile pages
- re-use hCard (vCard) vocabulary for HTTP query based key-value pairs of information requested and returned
Microformats outside HTML
- JSON representations of hCard etc.
OpenID whitelist authentication for private hCard
A possible design pattern is to use OpenID to allow a person to login to, say, a blog and find out more information. You could build the whitelist of OpenID's by parsing data out of a social network API or a list of XFN friends (following the ideas on social-network-portability).