These plugins add microformats functionality to WordPress, one of several microformats Microformats Implementations. For an ever-changing list of WordPress plugins utilizing microformats, see plugins tagged microformats on WordPress.org.
The Blog Summary plugin produces a customizable, hAtom-enabled XOXO-friendly list of recent posts via the shortcode
]. By .
GigPress is a WordPress plugin that manages and displays concerts and tours for bands or other touring acts, and outputs them with hCalendar markup. By
Displays avatars for commenters based on the hCards on the URL they leave behind.
Try the Test page or download version: 0.3 (latest at 2008-02-09).
Test hAvatar by typing:
hg clone static-http://alper.nl/hg/havatar/
See the initial announcement and update announcement, and the known issues in the README.
hCard About Box
- The hCard About Box widget by supports hCard.
- Wordpress Addressbook plugin - Display list of addresses from the blog owner's address book, each marked up as an hCard. Maintained by Sam Wilson.
- The hCard Commenting WordPress plugin by allows visitors to easily fill out the comment forms using an hCard.
hCard vCard Generator
- hCard & vCard Generator plugin for WordPress - Generate microformat compatible hCards and vCards for WordPress users - great for use on staff pages and for user bio's.
hReview Support for Editor
- The hReview Support for Editor plugin by Andrew E Scott allows bloggers to easily publish hReview enabled reviews.
- The WP Microformatted Blogroll 0.2 Wordpress plugin by supports hCard and XFN.
Save Microformats Plugin
- Save Microformats plugin for Wordpress - a plugin by to save posted Microformats using technorati feeds.
- The VoteBack plugin for Wordpress by checks incoming pingbacks and trackbacks for Vote Links.
Plugins that implement publishing rel="me" links to other services and profiles:
- Social Links Wordpress plugin - supports rel-me links to other services
- About Me plugin (on github) - supports creation of an About Me page with rel-me links to other profiles.
If you use the TinyMCE plugin, consider also installing the following:
- TinyMCE hCard (was at http://www.undergroundwebdesigns.com/tinyMCE-hcard-plugin.html) - adds a  icon in your tinyMCE toolbar that provides a form for creating an hCard contact.
- TinyMCE hCalendar (was at http://www.undergroundwebdesigns.com/tinyMCE-hcalendar-plugin.html) - adds a new  icon in your tinyMCE toolbar that provides a form for creating an hCalendar event.
See also the instructions for installing these TinyMCE plugins in modx (tweeted).
- The hnews-for-wordpress plugin by themattharris and Ben Campbell. And a basic HOWTO.
- See plugins tagged microformats on the official WordPress plugin repository for more.
- content management systems
- Microformats Implementations