<entry-title>X2V</entry-title> X2V is an open source microformats XSLT Microformats Implementations by Brian Suda that parses hCard 1.0 or hCalendar 1.0 events in (X)HTML and transforms them into the corresponding vCard (.vcf) or iCalendar (.ics) file respectively.
The latest beta and development versions of X2V can be tested at:
Feature requests and other general feedback. When this section grows to big we can move it to x2v-feedback.
Bugs or other apparent problems. See x2v-issues.
If you want to just use X2V hosted on the web, the following sites are running it:
- H2VX is a transformer service powered by X2V
- Brian Suda's development page has a running copy, too:
- Status: transformation forms are non-functional currently due to a 2009-09 server move. No ETA on return.
If you wish to run your own X2V converter, either for your own content, or as a general web service, you should fork and customize the H2VX service, which contains all necessary X2V XSLT files, PHP code, as well as H2VX web UI HTML+CSS+JS.
- See H2VX for more.
The following instances of X2V used to exist but are no longer supported:
- hosted a deployment of X2V for converting hCard contacts or hCalendar events at:
- Status: UI is down/404 since recent 2009-10 Technorati redesign - no ETA nor expected return. feeds.technorati.com conversion URLs themselves simple redirect to H2VX. If you were using Technorati URLs for conversions, you should switch to H2VX URLs.