Jump to navigation Jump to search
Add new issues to the *bottom* of this list.
- 2005-06-21 raised by Hixie
- Issue H-1: This specification is lacking a user agent conformance section. There's basically nothing that says how XOXO documents must be parsed, how to handle errors, and so forth. Is it defined in terms of the DOM? Is it defined in terms of a serialisation? How do you handle unexpected content or missing content?
- 2006-10-11 raised by MikeSchinkel
- I don't understand what benefits xoxo provides. Color me dense, but I can't for the life of me figure out what XOXO offers. I read about syntax on this wiki, but not about use cases or benefits. Please help me understand! Thanks in advance. MikeSchinkel 21:30, 11 Oct 2006 (PDT)
- 2007-01-13 raised by Premasagar
- I also do not quite understand the dividing line between a bog-standard HTML list and a xoxo list. What is the defining difference? Premasagar
- 2007-08-07 raised by User:Tantek and User:Kevin_Marks (originally raised sometime in 2005 or 2006, but captured 2007-08-07).
- [11:31am] KevinMarks: Tantek and I had a big unresolved debate about this a long time ago, involving more 'special' elements to preserve ordered/unordered status
- [11:31am] KevinMarks: for the ul vs ol distinction
- [11:31am] tantek: I believe it was the user/web-designer/publisher perspective vs. the scripting-language data-structure perspective.
- e.g. web designer / HTML / posh perspective, vs. JSON perspective.