[uf-dev] include-pattern testing

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Sat Apr 29 11:02:06 PDT 2006

On 4/29/06 9:40 AM, "Brian Suda" <brian.suda at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for pointing this out. I have two initial thoughts before
> digging into this much further.
>
> 1) I would avoid changing the .// to descendant-or-self:: because (i
> think) that will open-up a bigger problem. With the code, as it
> stands, doing descendant-or-self would then make the following valid
> (which we want to avoid)

Yes, we should avoid this.

(Note to self: need to write up how the CSS selector ".vcard .fn" is far
more broadly supported (e.g. IE6) than ".vcard.fn" as another reason to
disallow the descendant-or-self thinking).

> 2) The easy fix would be to lobby to change th include-pattern so that
> the #ref-id acts like a 'root node' and we only look to the children
> of that (the way X2V currently works)

I am open to this change, I don't think it would break the examples we have.

Thanks,

Tantek