[uf-dev] new membership policy and welcome

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Tue Oct 17 11:50:16 PDT 2006

Based on recent discussions on both microformats-discuss[1] and
microformats-dev[2], we've changed our membership policy for this list.

Before, the only way to get on the list was to have a public
implementation of microformats. We instituted this to keep the
quality of discussion high. We've since realized that this was
keeping out a number of people who could be strong contributors.

Our expectations of focused, pragmatic conversation have not changed
and we trust that we can keep the same level of productivity.

As a result of this change, I've released everyone that was in the
memberhip moderation queue. So, to our ~130 new members, welcome! If
you've changed your mind about subscribing, there's a link at the
bottom of this email to unsubscribe.

-ryan

1. http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-discuss/2006-
October/006287.html