[uf-dev] Class on TD, data inside anchor link in cell

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 09:54:18 PDT 2007

On 4/9/07, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:
> Interestingly, Operator, Tails and WebCards all recognise the second as
> a valid hCard (the "Almost Universal Microformat Parser" returns 403
> forbidden :-( ).
>
> I think that's against the spec, but useful in limited circumstances
> (see my recent, parallel, suggestion about recognising "alt" attributes
> on images). Is it valid? If so, is that documented? If it's not valid,
> should parsers reject it?

i'm not sure what you are refering too? is there a class="vcard" as a
parent anywhere? if not then this is definatly invalid! there MUST be
a parent class of 'vcard'[1] "A parser finds hCards in an (X)HTML
context by looking for elements with the root class name "vcard"... "

the fact that the class="fn org" is on the TD or the A in your
examples is irrelevant. Both the FN and ORG values are expecting
STRINGS the TD and A offer no special semantics and therefore will use
the nodeValues which in your examples are exactly the same, "Sudbury".
The TITLE attribute is onlyl used in the case of the ABBR element and
would be ignored no matter if the class="fn org" were on the A or the
TD.

[1] - http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-parsing#finding_hCards

-brian

--