[uf-dev] RE: XBRL, XHTML, Microformats and context-aware computing

Diane Mueller dmueller2001 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 14:33:24 PST 2007

Perhaps a bit more clarification is need:

We're not talking about creating invalid documents, just documents which
will not validate against the core XHTML schemas.

There are accepted ways of extending the XHTML namespace, but if we do, we
know that we must recognize that we no longer have a valid core XHTML
document.

Another question to add to the list:

Has anyone attempted to use Microformats to encode something more complex
like MathML and SVG?

I'll have to take a closer look at RDFa.

Keep the feedback coming, we need the insights..

Diane Mueller

Vice President, XBRL Development
Justsystems/Canada