[uf-dev] Proper use of value

Michael MD mdagn at spraci.com
Mon Apr 28 21:01:12 PDT 2008

> What about PRE tags? Or the use of any CSS 'white-space'[1] style that
> isn't 'normal'. This is important in poetry and other pre-formatted text
> on the net.
>
> For example:

> A crash reduces
> Your expensive computer
> To a simple stone.
>
> By stating that uF parsers should remove whitespace, we're unnecessarily
> invalidating all of those use cases.

its a tricky one ... I can think of some cases where removing whitesapace
can be a problem and others where keeping it is a problem...

Perhaps a new line should be treated differently to something like a space
or tab?

...or perhaps its better to preserve them in the parser and let the
application handle them in an appropriate way?