[uf-dev] Problems with importation of a hcard as a vCard in Outlook

Lumière de Lune contact at lumieredelune.com
Tue Apr 29 12:16:30 PDT 2008

Hello,

I'm not sure this is the right to post, hope I did not make the wrong choice
?

I'm currently creating a hCard for my website. The website is in XHTML and
utf-8

And the Hcard has a accented character : è

I tried with the three options possible in the source code (è, ` and
è ) and the two import protocols of Technorati and XV2 and both produce
"strange" characters in Outlook.

Strange meaning this kind of wrong character you got when you've got the
wrong encoding.

I also noticed that on the Wiki, or other sites, I could not find any
example of a Hcard with accents…

Any idea to solve this problem would be highly appreciated.

--

Marie-Aude