[uf-dev] ADR Multiple instances of children

Webadmin - Tenbus spike at tenbus.co.uk
Wed Jan 16 11:34:14 PST 2008

Brian Suda wrote:
> Specifically, children properties of an ADR (street-address,
> extended-address, etc.) Some references say these can be 0-1 instance,
> others say 0-N. The vCard spec is not exactly clear, all it says is:
>
>    The text components are separated by the SEMI-COLON character (ASCII
>    decimal 59). Where it makes semantic sense, individual text
>    components can include multiple text values (e.g., a "street"
>    component with multiple lines) separated by the COMMA character
>    (ASCII decimal 44).
>
> So in a vCard a multiple extended-address could be something like:
> "Building A,Suite 1"
> and in HTML it would be
> class="extended-address">Suite 1</span>
>
> Basically, any parser that finds multiple instances of children ADR
> properties, should just concatenate them together with a ','

I would certainly support this suggestion Brian!

I would also like this to apply to the locality child as well. In the UK
we frequently have an address entity that fits somewhere between the
locality and street-address. On my own websites I've invented a field
(not passed to hCard) that I call "extended-locality". Two
comma-seperated values in the "locality" would work fine for me.

Regards
Spike