[uf-dev] Using class for non-human data

Toby A Inkster mail at tobyinkster.co.uk
Tue Jun 24 06:40:58 PDT 2008

Scott Reynen wrote:

> Another seemingly small issue: this solution
> binds us to machine-readable data formats that have no spaces.

If you take a look at the Wiki section for this proposal, you'll see
details of my experimental implementation of this pattern. It allows
publishers to percent-encode characters such as spaces, which can't
occur in class names.

For example:

(Though of course, in the example above, the <abbr> design pattern is
perfectly accessible.)

http://microformats.org/wiki/datetime-design-pattern#Machine-
data_in_class

--